About Me

I have been refinishing furniture since my early married years. You know the story, right. Okay, short version...newlyweds, law school, baby, no money. In student housing people would move out and leave any unwanted furniture next to the dumpster. Free for all! We needed furniture so I took it. I learned how to refinish so that at least my cinder-block walled apartment had some sort of charm. We graduated. We moved out. I took some of my treasures with me, I gave some away. This began a fun past time for me. I have not stopped refinishing. I ended up refinishing older furniture that was just out dated. Searching for discarded furniture that needed some love. Friends started asking me to help them refinish things. It's a stress release and a right brain thing for me. I realized I really don't have much more that I need to redo for myself and no room for new stuff. So I came up with this Win-Win strategy. I get to refinish and you get to buy! Hooray for both of us!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Kitchen Table

As you can see from the chairs that have yet to finished in the background...this was just your run of the mill pine table. I love color! Especially in my kitchen. I wanted a super fun, energetic table. My legs are purple, top is green. The bench is red and the mis-matched chairs will all be the corrisponding colors. My kitchen stools are finished the same way.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment